Sunday, May 31, 2015

3 Month mark!

Tomorrow marks three months since I started focusing on being healthy on a consistent basis. After three months I have lost thirty pounds, I have more energy, I have the desire to eat healthy food, and I feel more comfortable doing everyday things like walking up stairs, tying my shoes, and shaving. I am fifty pounds down from my highest weight when I started this blog in 2012. My goal from here is to lose another fifty pounds so I can be down a total of 100, but mostly not to fall back into bad habits from here. In 2012 I was doing so great and then I let pregnancy cravings allow me to fall back into bad habits and then the busyness of having a new baby allowed me to use that as an excuse to continue to eat food I knew wasn't good for me because it tasted awesome and was convenient. I had post baby body self loathing. I hated buying clothes, or even wearing clothes really. I mostly stayed at home and wore a nightgown all day and slowly I kept adding back the weight. Then I realized as Emma was nearing two and a mobile toddler that I needed to have the energy and ability to be as active as she is. I also realized that she was wanting to eat what I was eating and after a few times of french fries or cheesy pasta I realized maybe I don't want her to eat that and if I don't want her to eat it then I must know it's not good for her OR me! If I am viewing food for her as nutrition for a healthy body then why am I treating my own body differently? After three months it has become a habit. I still occasionally have a longing for something unhealthy and I don't think that it's unnatural for anyone. I am happy to eat healthy 90% of the time and treat myself to something less healthy the other 10% of the time. I am not eating dairy, grains, alcohol or sugar right now but I am not just never going to eat a brownie ever again or have a beer. I know that is unrealistic and the best way to create a healthy lifestyle and be consistent is to create a balance. I am hoping to lose about 10 pounds a month and get to my 100 pounds down by Christmas. To be healthy and active for a full calendar year is probably the best goal more than just the number on the scale, because no matter what I want to continue so that I set the example for Emma.

Over the weekend in Austin I did a good job staying on track.

FRIDAY:




Breakfast: I woke up early and make prosciutto and baked egg cups with fruit. 

Lunch: I ran through an got a grilled chicken salad 

Dinner: We went to a Mexican restaurant by the hotel. 

The chips looked SO good but obviously I avoided the temptation.

Instead I ordered grilled chicken with sauteed veggies and guacamole.


SATURDAY: 


Breakfast: At the hotel they had potatoes, eggs, bacon and cantaloupe. MMMM 

Lunch: They were only selling Pizza at the campus so I had a banana, larabar, some almonds, and a fresh jamba juice. 


I got the fresh squeezed kale, spinach, pineapple, and apple blend. It was really good. 



Dinner: I didn't take a photo but I had a beef fajita salad. 

SUNDAY: 

Breakfast: This morning I had sauteed zucchini, summer squash, prosciutto and pico de gallo with a poached egg and a side of fruit. 






Lunch: Roasted veggies and baked chicken with curry powder, cayenne, and cinnamon. 







Dinner: Baked salmon with mango avocado salsa and sauteed snap peas. 






I also got a new La Croix flavor and it is SO good. Strawberry Pineapple is now my go to summer drink!





No comments:

Post a Comment