This past week I have not lost one single pound. SERIOUSLY? Can TV make you fat?
I have been doing really well and I am getting somewhat discouraged by it. When you work hard to lose weight and you don't it makes it easy to give up. I am not going to but the thought has crossed my mind.
I went to Kroger after work today and got stuff to meal prep for next week. I walked by all kinds of things I would have previously just grabbed and thrown in my cart without a thought of if it was good or bad. Today I made sure every thing I placed in my cart was something I wouldn't regret.
I got butternut squash, purple yams, and broccoli to roast up with baked chicken.
I also got Ezekiel Bread. I have heard of Ezekiel bread for a long time but never got around to trying it.
"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9
It’s this special, unique combination of 6 grains and legumes that harvests benefits.
- Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
- Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids
- Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
- Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving
Today for my post work snack I toasted up the cinnamon raisin and topped it with all natural peanut butter and half a banana.
OMG OMG OMG
My new favorite thing.
"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29