I decorated last weekend ....
Today starts the crazy Sunday football day for my husband ....
AND I started eating PUMPKIN
This morning I made Healthy Pumpkin Muffins adapted from a Fit Sugar recipe. Here is there recipe with my adaptions in RED
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon * I use extra because I love cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice * I didn't have allspice so I used some nutmeg and clove
- ½ cup maple syrup * I didn't have maple syrup so I used 1/2 a cup of honey
- 1 ¾ cups pumpkin pureé
- 1 large egg * I used the chia seed gel exchange
- ¼ cup whole milk * I omitted the whole milk and next ingredient water and did 1/2 cup of liquid instead and used almond coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup raisins * OPTIONAL I opted not to use them
- ½ cup walnuts * OPTIONAL I used them
For some reason flax and chia make me feel SO healthy!
MMMM Extra cinnamon and deliciously orange pumpkin make me happy
I accidentally didn't get unsweetened so this is a sweet milk but OMG it is SO good on cereal. I knew it would be good in this recipe and I was right. Even though its not sweetened its still only 60 calories for a cup which isn't too bad for the awesome flavor!
Mix your wet with your dry one cup at a time
Scoop into a greased muffin tin- I used butter flavor pam
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes
Eat this delicious and moist muffin with the BEST K-Cup ever Tullys French Roast
Now it feels like Fall today - its really cool and a great day to be outdoors. My pool looks fabulous but swimming doesn't feel like a fall activity haha so I am debating if I should get in or not.